To £50K (negotiable) plus extensive benefits package
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated Lead Engineer to join our Engineering department. This is an exciting time of transformation within engineering and specifically within our Business & Fulfilment domain, with a major investment in moving our systems from legacy on-premise systems to the next generation cloud-based future.
You will need to demonstrate a proven track record against the following essential criteria:
- Software engineering and industry best practice
- Key Skills: Azure, Java, C#, Dynamics 365, ERP
- Demonstrable ability to lead, coach and mentor engineering teams
- Implementing new engineering techniques within development teams
- Technical delivery
You will lead the technical implementation of moving our internal business systems to the cloud, working with our development partner and internal teams as we continue our investment in a major ERP programme.
Having a thirst for knowledge and the ability to think creatively are highly valued in our culture and ethos. This exciting role will challenge you to understand requirements and develop cutting edge solutions for our customers, for our systems that underpin customer ordering and fulfilment platforms as well as providing wider business services.
You will work with stakeholders, Project Managers and Delivery Managers to help shape the project delivery and lead your team. You will continuously improve the engineering capability in all aspects of the engineering lifecycle through coaching and mentoring. We will encourage you to identify opportunities to maximise development benefit within your team and to support, maintain and improve systems that have been developed.
Whilst providing leadership to the Agile teams you could be working with a wide range of technologies, such as:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Finance, Operations, Sales, Customer Service)
- Azure services
- Azure logic Apps/Functions
- Azure DevOps Pipelines
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- Salary: Negotiable
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave - Plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training and development - We offer in-house training, a variety of masterclasses, bespoke training, study leave, access to learning resources and professional membership subscriptions
- A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, paid volunteer day, support with health and wellbeing, sports and social activities, staff discount on over 500 national stores and more
We're passionate about the four core values that make up our organisation: we're adventurous, incisive, restless and true.
- Adventurous: New technology and new markets mean that location data opens more opportunities than ever before
- Incisive: We find simple solutions to complex problems, always looking for clarity and imaginative connections
- Restless: We recognise our work for our customers is never done
- True: We give our customers precise and productive solutions to their location problems
We are a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, we help our customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. Our expertise and data support efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors.