Becoming a Portfolio Office Manager with DCC Smart Metering:
Location - Manchester M22
Competitive Salary Package and Benefits
DCC is seeking an experienced Portfolio Office Manager to contribute to the evolution and longer term management of the Portfolio Office which operates under the Portfolio Management Services function (which also incorporates PMO Practice and Project Management Practice).
What you will do:
- To provide leadership of the Portfolio Office team ensuring effective and efficient programme and project controls and reporting are in place.
- To effectively manage the framework in which the Portfolio Office operates, encompassing aggregation of Plans,
Risk & Issues Registers and Budgets from individual projects and programmes to provide a Portfolio level view for Senior Management.
- To operate across all Portfolio functions including Benefits Management, Risk & Issue Management, Scheduling & Planning, Governance, Financial Control
- To ensure an effective continuous improvement cycle is established incorporating feedback from senior management, programme leadership and Portfolio Management Services team members.
- To ensure capability development plans are in place for each member of the Portfolio Office team with clear performance parameters set for each role and measured accordingly via career performance appraisals.
- To ensure that interfaces with other parts of the Portfolio Management Services organisation and other teams who require Portfolio Office interaction are in place, understood and working effectively.
- To grow and develop the function to meet the changing needs of the business, ensuring the right information is captured from the projects & programmes to enable the production of Management Information that assists the business with decision making.
- Line Management of Portfolio Office Analysts
Your experience will include:
- 5+ years experience in a delivery role, minimum 2 years in a Portfolio Office
- Proven experience in building or transforming a Portfolio Office based on industry best practice
- Experience of providing business benefit through a Portfolio structure
- Senior stakeholder management
- Highly Effective people leadership and line management of a team
- Understanding of key tools and techniques to be used in PMO organisations
- Working with geographically disparate teams
- Programme Delivery experience
- MoP Practioner Qualified
- Experience of managing consultants
- Experience of managing contractors
About Smart DCC
Every one of the 30 million homes and small businesses in Great Britain are set to have intelligent gas and electricity smart meters installed by 2020.
Perhaps one of the most ambitious, challenging and exciting projects of its kind in the world, the building of the smart metering network will be a catalyst for the most significant, expansive and innovative changes to the energy sector in decades.
The Data and Communications Company (DCC) was created to lead the successful delivery of this vital new national infrastructure, with highly secure and reliable communications and data services to connect smart meters with energy suppliers, network operators and authorised third parties.
This smart metering network will help Great Britain become a global leader in smart energy.
Smart DCC operates as a client on behalf of the energy industry, designing and developing a solution which it then procures, implements and performance manages on its behalf.
Smart DCC are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact