We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key.
Route Services is a division of Network Rail, formed to provide our routes with services and supplies that they need in order to maintain and deliver a better railway for a better Britain. We work with our customers to provide them with the safest, most cost-efficient and effective services enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Our Shared Service Centre is at the heart of this, bringing the administration of finances and human resources across Network Rail together. We oversee recruitment and job vacancies, process payments, bill & collect income, pay wages, manage employee personal data and undertake health checks for our people every day.
The reporting team provides dedicated support across Shared Services and out to the wider business which consists of delivering on a range of reporting requirements, from volume BAU reports that are produced each month to ad-hoc requests. This team are an analytical & data driven team who play a key part in improving the way Network Rail operates through providing important data that feeds in to various projects throughout Network Rail.
You will be responsible for supporting various teams within the business via telephone and email providing them with the data they need to deliver to their customers for their critical business objectives, headcounts and pay reviews.
Working within a small, close-knit team, you will be working to high volumes but delivering outstanding attention to detail and a high level of accuracy at all times. A highly analytical role which will allow you to network with different stakeholders across Network Rail.
If you are an experienced excel user and enjoy reviewing data and producing reports then we want to hear from you!
- Deliver a right first-time administration service within your team.
- Deliver quality administrative outputs to prevent rework. Deliver the compliance to the administration of internal processes.
- Consistently apply administration duties within your function.
- Take personal ownership for the activities allocated, be aware of related measures and work with others to achieve these key performance indicators within your shared service team.
- Undertake administrative tasks and certify that the team has adequate support.
- Update and maintain information held within the shared service centre, certify that when updating records on databases that the information you are entering is up to date and accurate.
- Operate within the pre-agreed control framework, demonstrate a control mind set. Continually review the local framework for adherence, where gaps are identified take personal ownership to define, socialise and embed improvements within shared services. Work with all parties to reduce risk and the cost of control within your team and the wider centre.
- Develop / continually improve relations with key stakeholders, play your part in embedding a customer centric culture where all team members consider the impact on customers.
- Support the Network Rail better day every day initiative by highlighting areas for improvement.
- Work with others to support a culture of operational responsibility where individuals, take personal ownership for delivery.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Exceptional customer focus/engagement
• Proven administrative / analytical skills
• Experience of delivering continuous improvement
• Excellent communication skills
• Excel - Advanced Level
• ORACLE eBusiness Suite experience
• VBA - Good knowledge and experience
• SQL - Experience of using SQL
• Experience of working in a Reporting Team
• Working towards or educated to degree level or equivalent • Processing high volume activity
Salary: £16,500 to £22,500 plus excellent benefits including bonus & pension, 28 days annual leave.
Closing date: 24-02-2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now’ to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Want to find out about what benefits we offer?
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.