Becoming theHead of Testing Services with Smart DCC
The Head of Testing Services, reporting to the Design Director, will be responsible for all activities within our User Integration Testing (UIT) environments - this includes the regulated provision of user entry, and device and system testing across SMETS1 and SMETS2, the investigation and resolution of all testing issues within UIT, and the management of the DCC test lab.
What you'll be doing:
- Assuring that DCC systems, including those of our service providers, have been thoroughly tested and are ready for live operation
- Establishing and administering the processes by which prospective service users prove they can interface with the DCC service
- Providing facilities for users, meter manufacturers and other categories of test participants to test the interaction of their meters and back office systems against the DCC service
- Managing the resolution of issues that arise during testing
- The DCC Test Assurance team assures the testing undertaken by the DCC's Service Providers
- Act as the primary point of contact with Programme and Project management in relation to DMCT activities, encompassing definition of the DMCT scope, supporting DMCT Service procurement, and the operation of the DMCT service
- Collaborate with DCC Test Assurance and the DMCT Service Provider to determine the test approach and determine the Test Assurance resource requirements in conjunction with the Test Assurance Manager
- On behalf of the DCC, manage the service provided by the DMCT Service Provider
- Act as the primary point of contact with DMCT Service Provider management on both BAU service provision and escalation
- Take ownership of the DMCT schedule, and liaise with the DCC Lab and DCC Service Provider to ensure a timely execution of DMCT testing
- Assure test completion through witnessing tests and inspecting test results
- Where required, will provide analytical and management support to other areas of the Test Assurance function
What we're looking for:
- A test professional with a minimum of 10 years' relevant testing experience. 5+ years of which will be at test manager level, preferably with service provider management experience
- Possesses an in depth understanding of testing standards and processes, including KPIs and SLAs, and how these apply to a service provider
- Scope required DMCT testing
- Work with the DMCT Service Provider to agree in scope business scenarios
- Agree the operational interfaces between DCC and the DMCT Service Provider
- critically review the service wrapper proposed by the DMCT Service Provider
- assess the test plan and approach proposed by the DMCT Service Provider
- Witness tests and inspect test results
- Identifying any exceptions to the agreed test approach, proposing alternative solutions and agreeing appropriate responses
- Approachable, with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working
About Smart DCC
Every one of the 30 million homes and small businesses in Great Britain are set to have intelligent gas and electricity smart meters installed by 2020.
Perhaps one of the most ambitious, challenging and exciting projects of its kind in the world, the building of the smart metering network will be a catalyst for the most significant, expansive and innovative changes to the energy sector in decades.
The Data and Communications Company (DCC) was created to lead the successful delivery of this vital new national infrastructure, with highly secure and reliable communications and data services to connect smart meters with energy suppliers, network operators and authorised third parties.
This smart metering network will help Great Britain become a global leader in smart energy.
Smart DCC operates as a client on behalf of the energy industry, designing and developing a solution which it then procures, implements and performance manages on its behalf.
Smart DCC are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Discretionary annual bonus / car allowance
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact