Data Centre Test Lead
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner. For this opportunity you will be an Ajilon employee working on site with the client while being rewarded with a strong salary, holidays, pension, certification opportunities and more!
The business objective of the Data Centre Programme is to design and deliver two new data centres, networks and infrastructure. In addition,
the Data Centres will host all the services required to support the operation of these systems.
The Test Lead will lead and is accountable for all testing activities across the Programme. Works with suppliers, partners and internal stakeholders to ensure that all testing follows a common agreed test approach that complies to the overarching Programme Test Strategy and industry best practices and conducts test assurance activities to ensure that all parties follow the agreed approach. This includes ensuring there are properly documented and agreed test plans, scenarios, scripts and test reports and that the appropriate SME's have been involved in shaping, scoping and approving them. Additionally, the Test Lead will ensure that there are defined and agreed test estimates and plans for each test phase, maintaining a detailed project plan for the end to end delivery of testing, integrated with the overall programme plan. Appropriate test metrics and reporting mechanisms should be put in place that demonstrate progress to agreed plans, highlighting any risks or issues that may arise. All testing including defect management will be conducted.
- Expert level knowledge of test methodology, strategy and process spanning functional and non-functional testing
- Strong test management and defect management skills, using test management tools
- Strong technical testing knowledge with proven delivery experience (OAT and Performance Test)
- Understanding of infrastructure and network terminologies and technologies
- Experienced in test assurance of partner companies and suppliers
- Experience in writing test strategies and test approach documents and working with third parties to ensure clear understanding of requirements, scope and test methodologies
- Experience with working in working in an on and off-shore based model
- Experience in Data Centre delivery and migration programmes
- Understanding of Security Testing process.
- Microsoft Project experience - able to build testing project plans and integrate them with other programme plans (dependencies)
- IBM Jazz experience.
- Performance Testing Tools
- Delivery methodologies
- Service Delivery Frameworks
- Network Testing experience
- Agree and police compliance to the Test Approach.
- Establish and maintain an end to end testing schedule (MS Project) integrated with the overall programme plan.
- Ensure that supplier plans conform to this plan, and that any dependencies are logged, agreed and managed.
- Work with the Programme BA's to understand, document and manage any dependencies with external projects.
- Impact any change requests that require testing (working with suppliers/programme)
- Work with suppliers to identify and manage any risks and issues with respect to testing
- Define and agree the Test Assurance approach.
- Conduct Test Assurance on all testing deliverables, involving the appropriate technical SME
- Agree action plans to rectify any issues identified through that test assurance
- Ensure there is an appropriate defect management process in place and report on its effectiveness
- Ensure that all parties conducting testing produce Test Status reports using common metrics and use these to produce programme reports keeping all stakeholders appraised of testing progress to plan and quality
- Be the testing expert for the programme providing leadership and guidance on the subject to those who need or require it.
- Ensure requirements traceability is agreed through test planning and maintained in the Test Management Tooling (Jazz)
- Ensure all testing follows a common approach and is managed and conducted in Jazz.
You will be an integral part of Ajilon (Adecco), a FTSE500 Global organisation with over 52 clients and sole supplier to the biggest organisations in the country and the world. You will be employed by ourselves as an Ajilon Consultant working onsite with our client where you will receive a regular salary, annual bonus payment, pension contributions, holiday and sick pay, plus a number of additional benefits such as medical insurance, income protection, critical illness and life insurance, access to our discounted benefits website and library of online training materials and future career and certification opportunities.
This great opportunity is being offered on a PAYE basis which means a LTD/Umbrella company cannot be used.
If you think you have the experience and you would like to become an employee of this fast growing business unit within Ajilon please apply with your CV right now for instant consideration!