LEAD SOLUTION ARCHITECT
DURATION: 6 MONTH CONTRACT INITIALLY
Pontoon has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Solution Architect to join our utilities Client based in Wokingham on a 6 month contract initially. My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner
- The purpose of the solution architect role is to work with the supplier technical leads and programme design authority to manage the production of High Level Designs (HLDs)
and Low Level Designs (LLDs) from the supplier.
- The solution architect supports the development of and assures the quality of solution options.
- The solution architect attends Governance forums (e.g. Design Authority Board) to review and approved solution options.
- The SA will ensure a quality solution design by maximising common solutions, common of the shelf solutions and enterprise architecture.
- The Solution Architect will work with Enterprise Architecture, Supplier Solution Architects and solution vendors to ensure the integrity of the solutions and that they meet the business requirements.
- This role will be dedicated to the Data Centre programme but will be part of the matrix resource pool of Solutions Architects and the solution architect may move between projects and technology solutions to meet with project work load.
- The Solution Architect role will cover work from concept/mandate stage of the project life cycle through to post project delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate your experience interacting with senior management levels at a CXO or Director level, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Proven customer-facing experience across multiple industries is also highly desired
Strong broad Data Centre Migration experience and knowledge
- Breadth of knowledge in relevant business processes (e.g. Record to Report, Acquire to Retire, Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management and Business Planning & Consolidation)
- Extensive experience of IT Service Management processes
- To have a recognised expertise in one or more of the following TOGAF architectural domains: Business, Application, Data, Technology
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills covering colleagues, partners / vendors and project sponsors.
- Ability to conceptualise and communicate complex topics in a clear and understandable manner. Good commercial awareness and experience in planning and estimating
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunity's employer