City of London
Our Buyers influence every aspect of the range of goods that we offer to our customers: From which products we sell, to the way they look and taste, developing our supply base and continuing to drive our market-leading position. Buyers define the success of the business!
This is a fast-paced programme with tangible results and significant responsibility!
This role offers the long term scope to become a permanent Buying Manager and further long term progression to Senior Buying Manager.
Please note that applications close Friday 14th February 2020 and the assessment centre will be held March 11th 2020.
What will you do?
The Buying Graduate Management Programme will take you through an intense,
demanding but incredibly rewarding two years of structured development. You'll experience everything from working in our stores to negotiating products and contracts on an international scale.
During the first year of this two-year programme, you will rotate through three key areas and experience regional training, insight into the Buying department, undertake category management training and build a complete understanding of our business. In your second year you will embark on a specialist route and take independent responsibility for a category and hone your expertise.
What will you need?
- Passion for working as part of a team and ability to work independently
- Desire to learn, develop and challenge yourself in a demanding and dynamic environment
- A naturally analytical mind-set with plenty of common sense
- Excellent standard of numeracy
- Entrepreneurial flair, adaptable and highly driven
- Decisive and able to cope with the pressure of demanding targets and deadlines
- Communicates confidently and effectively
- Computer literate
- A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline by [September 2020] or within the last 4 years
- Possession of a full UK driving licence by [September 2020]
- Already live - or happy to relocate - within a one-hour commute of Lidl GB head office
- German language skill desirable but not essential
This position would be based in our UK Head Office in South West London. However, your training could take you to various sites throughout Great Britain and may also involve training abroad.
What do we offer?
- Salary [£37,000 per annum], plus additional 10% London weighting (*Note: London weighting is non-contractual)
- Robust and structured training program, including time at the ‘Lidl Training Academy’
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- 24 month contract with scope to become permanent employee pending successful performance
- Optional fully-expensed company car including personal fuel
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout Great Britain
- Brilliant long term career prospects within one of the largest and most successful global retailers
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.