Amida Recruitment Limited
City of London
Head of Energy Modelling Analytics
Location: Norwich/London, UK / Flexible working available
Our client is an independent expert in research, analysis, consulting and training to businesses and stakeholders in the Great British, Irish and Australian energy markets. They have a combination of analytical capability, a detailed appreciation of regulation codes and policy frameworks, and a practical understanding of how markets function.
The Head of Energy Modelling Analytics GB is required to support and collaborate with the Group Head of Modelling.
This role will support the local GB team on a variety of tasks and will require continuous communications with other teams across Ireland and Australia.
The candidate will be required to provide technical leadership of new and existing technical projects, ensuring they are delivered professionally to the customers' requirements, on budget, to time and to quality.
The candidate will be working with a diverse range of clients, topics, and issues at the forefront of the energy market. Knowledge gained will be shared with colleagues across the business to ensure insights are deployed across the company's delivery teams.
Responsibilities / commitments (deliverables and KPI's):
- Leading modelling projects from inception through to completion, ensuring excellent client communication and satisfaction.
- Developing energy market modelling intelligence subscription services and training materials as well as optimising existing modelling products.
- Implementing, developing, and maintaining models and modelling logic.
- Support digitalisation of existing and new modelling tools.
- Leading the development of reports and presentation to support modelling insights.
- Working through modelling strategy and implementation to ensure they remain fit-for-purpose to customer need.
- Implementing group-wide quality assurance (QA) frameworks for modelling outputs in the GB and Irish markets.
- Researching and developing answers to the needs of customer project work, including developing methods of research and analysis.
- Preparing customer proposals and pitch materials.
- Reporting to the Group Head of Modelling on the delivery of consultancy projects, maintaining the highest standards in content and analysis.
- Leading the development of new models in line with the strategic plan.
- Leading the adaptation and evolution of existing models so they remain fit for purpose.
- Advise and budget for updating, refreshing or supplementing modelling hardware and software requirements to support modelling activities.
- Special projects for enhancement of data flows, interpretation and knowledge management.
Direct reports / team
Modelling Manager, Modelers
- 5-8 years of modelling experience
- You will need strong problem-solving ability, demonstrating flexibility and creativity to set differing approaches that could be taken, and being able to utilize a range of computational and statistical techniques to reach the desired outcome.
- Advanced mathematical modelling skills in PLEXOS; or any other dispatch modelling platform such as: MATLAB, PROPHET, or Python.
- Experience in running very large dispatch models.
- Ability to formulate new modelling algorithms from scratch.
- You must have strong communication skills, being able to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders and lead discussions around complex ideas with audiences of all levels of expertise.
- This is a highly technical role and will involve being able to work with a variety of tools and applications. You will need to proficient with Microsoft Excel, and experience scripting with one or more programming language (such as python and visual basic) and working with large datasets in a database structure would be desirable.
- Ability to liaise with various customer groups and translate their requirements into modelling problems for implementation.
- Exposure to the GB energy market and economics.
Qualifications and experience
- Educated to degree level with a background in mathematics or sciences (essential)
- Experience in developing and leading a team.
- Strong research/analytic skills (essential)
- Strong and proven leadership skills (essential)
- Previous experience of working in a modelling (essential)
- Proven track record in leading on multi discipline projects (desirable)
Interested? Please send your CV and tailored/bespoke covering letter to [email protected]