Riverside have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Advisor, working 21.5 hours a week on a permanent basis.
What will you do?
As a fundamental part of the Customer Service Centre team, you will be delivering high quality, cost effective, 24 hour telephone based comprehensive housing and telecare service, resolving the service requests of customers of Riverside and Riverside Helpline.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as a Customer Service Advisor will include:
- Deal with all service enquiries to Riverside through a variety of media (phone, text, email and web).
- Owning critical incidents and co-ordinating response of parties including emergency services and escalation with local staff and co-ordination and arrangement of emergency accommodation, meals, transport etc.
- Provide information and respond to enquiries on planned and cyclical maintenance programmes specific to individual property or location.
- Identification and processing of applications for housing and transfers and exchanges using the system and avenue appropriate for the specific location and request type.
- Raise rent account issues, handling rent account enquiries, making payment agreements, taking payments, setting up direct debits, providing advice, carrying out welfare benefit checks and calculations and making referrals or recommendations.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are reliable, flexible and a positive team player who can work well in demanding circumstances, using initiative to effectively reach solutions to our customer’s problems. It is essential you have previous experience of working in a large, busy call centre and you are able to multi-task and prioritise your workload. A good level of literacy and numeracy skills is also paramount.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
- Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to voluntary discounted benefits including high street and online savings
- Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
- Access to e-learning
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Opt-in to Medicash employee-funded benefit
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered by leaders and fairly treated, knowing that your voice is truly heard. Being people-focused, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Customer Service Advisor, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.