City of London
The Citi Commercial Bank (“CCB”) value proposition is focused on leveraging the Citi network, unique capabilities and reputation to become the international banking partner of choice mid-sized corporations with global aspirations.
The Corporate Finance team works with local EMEA CCB Banking teams, product and industry partners to originate, structure and execute episodic corporate finance transactions for CCB clients. The Corporate Finance Transactor will play a key role in the delivery of the full platform of Citi corporate finance solutions, with a particular focus on loan syndications for middle market corporate clients.
a) Business Origination
- Preparation of marketing materials providing analysis and advice to clients on financing options, capital structure and strategic alternatives
- Regular interaction with clients at senior level
- Involvement in Corporate Finance strategic initiatives
- Build trusted relationships with the local CCB teams to drive origination
- Interaction with product partners and industry specialists to develop multi-product solutions
- Filtering and review of deal opportunities
- Monitoring ongoing developments in capital markets
- Maintenance of deal pipeline
b) Transaction Structuring
- Review of company business plans and funding strategy to develop appropriate capital structure advice
- Conducting due diligence on clients and prospects
- Preparation of detailed cash flow models
- Develop solutions that meet risk/reward parameters for Citi and which are successfully distributed in the capital markets, as required
- Deal term sheets preparation
- Provide input on credit analysis
c) Transaction Execution
- Lead deal team co-ordination and project management
- Preparation of investor marketing materials
- Preparation of deal cash flow models
- Support product partners as required with co-ordination of distribution efforts
- Involvement in deal credit approval processes
- Co-ordinate, review and negotiate loan documentation
- Oversight of funding processes
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of corporate finance and capital markets
- Exposure to syndicated loans and other capital market solutions
- Knowledge of credit analysis, structuring, financing products and financial modelling.
- Experience being part of deal team and leading transaction co-ordination.
- Exposure to legal documentation.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Positive can-do approach and comfortable operating in unstructured situations turning abstracts concepts into tangible solutions
- Able to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Self-starter and comfortable working independently
- Strong presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Commercial outlook and able to identify business opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- University Degree, preferred to have MBA or Chartered Accountant / CFA but not required
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered
Job Family Group:
Commercial and Business Sales
Commercial Product Sales
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting