For more information on the role,
please contact: Timothy Swenson or Bryony Dolby
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
Hft are looking to appoint a Follow-On Employability Coach within their occupation & employment provision for adults with a learning disability.
The Project SEARCH Follow-On Employability Coach role is to support young people with Learning Disabilities in achieving and sustaining paid employment.
The Follow-On Employability Coach role is central to the delivery of high quality services and promoting Hft's reputation. The job requires an individual with drive, enthusiasm and commitment. Someone with a 'Can Do' attitude who has the ability to look for creative solutions to meet people's support needs in a way that respects their individuality and works with the Operations Manager.
As a Follow-On Employability Coach, you will need to be open to flexible working. This will include travelling to various sites in the region, and also will involve some occasional evening and weekend work.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in our teams to ensure they have the specialist skills they need.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
Join us and help us change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.