City of London
Salary: £37,740 p.a + benefits, based in South-east London, temporarily remote
Please note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are currently working remotely with limited access to the Ravensbourne building. The successful candidate will have their full induction delivered online.
Ravensbourne University London is an innovative, industry-focused university located at the heart of London’s newest creative community on the Greenwich Peninsula. We're champions of creativity and collaboration, dedicated to giving our learners the specialist skills and opportunities they need for outstanding careers in digital media and design.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Ravensbourne University London as a Graphic Designer. You will be responsible for concepting an creating all graphical artwork and content for the Ravensbourne brand and sub-brands, as well as the production of on and offline marketing and promotional campaigns and collateral.
We are looking for a talented Graphic Designer with a great eye for design, fresh ideas and the ability to execute them to a high standard. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated individual who is solutions driven with a 'can-do' attitude. You will have the ability to prioritise your own workload with excellent communication and time management skills. A passion and thorough understanding of the importance of the brand and visual Identity with a creative flair is a must for this role.
- Design and develop outstanding creative artwork
- Produce innovative and creative concepts
- Work with colleagues to develop clear creative briefs
- Ensure design work adheres to brand guidelines and creates consistent and seamless experience across all touchpoints
- Act as brand ambassador
- Create and communicate brand guidelines
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience
- Excellent design skills, with experience designing for print, digital and web
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Experience in After Effects to create motion graphics
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams to achieve on-brand design solutions
- In-depth knowledge of current design trends and techniques
- Ability to balance delivery of immediate tactical work with longer-term projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in building and developing brands
Desired skills, but not essential
- Knowledge of video production and editing
- Experience of website interface design and usability
- An understanding of HTML and CSS (you will not be required to write code)
- Experience in asset management, photography management and design archival processes
Closing date: Friday 2 July, 9:00AM
Interviews: Friday 16 July
To start: Wednesday 1 September
Please visit our careers portal via the link below.
To apply you will need to submit a CV, covering letter and fill in the application form.
Applicants are requested to supply a portfolio, either a web link or attach relevant work.
For further details:
(e) [email protected]
(t) 020 3040 3622 + Disability Confident Symbol
If you are disabled and want to know more about job opportunities at Ravensbourne, please email our Disability Advice Line [email protected]
We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community in our desire to reflect the diversity of the community we serve.