About the opportunity
We work together with the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to provide Service Family Accommodation (SFA) to our Armed Forces. On behalf of the DIO, Amey, manages a comprehensive maintenance service; the allocation of properties; SFA furniture; conducting move in and move out appointments; and the provision of improvements.
Working as part of the Occupancy Services team, you will capture and resolve challenges (charge disputes) received by any medium and case managing through to resolution.
This is a 9month Fixed Term Contract until March 2022.
Working pattern includes 08:00 - 16:30 (Monday to Friday - no weekends or bank holidays)
We are offering a salary of £19,760 per annum plus a range of Amey benefits for this role.
This role will initially be working from home but will become a Hybrid working role later this year (mix of home and office working in Speke)
What will this role involve?
- Deliver excellent customer service to those Occupants compelled to raise a challenge
- Take ownership of each challenge received ensuring sound process and full communication with each Occupant with the ability to empathise with them and their situation being second nature
- Ensure all challenge calls, emails, faxes, letters and social media messages are answered within agreed performance measures.
- Manages all challenges within their individual queue, ensuring full notes and resolution time frames are kept fully up to date.
- Create bespoke customer friendly challenge response letters and emails.
- Ensure information on secure databases is accurate and kept up to date
- Ensure use of all available materials and documents to keep up to date with current procedures and processes.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of CAAS, charges, disputes, JPA, OM, and relevant JSP policy and process.
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Sustainability and Quality and other statutory requirements.
- Liaise with the Asset Management team based at RAF Wyton to ascertain a resolution/response to all challenges
- Responsible for the management and adherence to all escalation procedures
- Second level escalation for all challenge related calls logged through the Customer Service Team.
What are we looking for?
- Enhanced Customer Service skills
- Experience of complaints / challenge management
- Articulate and friendly telephone manner
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration/Customer Service desirable
- Experience within data processing, telephony skills, typing and general administration essential
- Computer literate including the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Experience of housing maintenance or help desk work is advantageous
- Able to prioritise workload and use own initiative to complete tasks
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.