Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is world-leading provider of geospatial solutions.
OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
Our busy User Experience team is looking for people to support their mission - to reach the hearts, minds, and spirits of our customers to help them meet their goals.
You’ll work with creative, passionate and friendly individuals including senior and other Midweight UX designers, product owners, digital designers and the content team to deliver projects which influence how our customers experience OS across government,
business and leisure.
About the Job
In this exciting position you’ll design the User Experience of OS web and digital programmes, building web-based mapping tools and products for our customers as well as working on our own website and the way customers discover and obtain our world-class mapping products. All of this in line with the OS digital brand.
As a Midweight User Experience Designer you will:
- Collaborate with a team of UX Designers to support all aspects of the UX design lifecycle from research to implementation. To include creation of journey flows, scenarios, wireframes and interactive prototypes which are based around user needs
- Collaborate with users, developers, technical teams and product owners to refine product flows and wireframes to the point they are ready for final design by a UI designer. Then see that design through the development process
- Plan and implement usability testing.
- Demonstrate and apply your deep understanding of responsive design and user accessibility needs.
- Collaborate with digital designers and technical teams to ensure final work meets our user needs and is positively supported internally through strong stakeholder management
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of User research, user testing, UX flows, wireframing and prototyping
- Experience of delivering solutions to product owners and developers in a Sprint methodology environment
- Passionate about understanding the customer and creating great digital user experiences
- The ability to collaborate with stakeholders and developers on your design proposals to is critical
- Highly-organised, combining forward planning with meeting tight deadlines to keep a range of stakeholders (and our customers) happy
- Experience in using UX tools – day-to-day we mostly use Axure, Sketch and InVision
- Proven experience as a UX Designer – a minimum of 3 years
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- Salary – £27,744 to £31,000
- Performance related bonus
- A competitive pension scheme
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
Location: This role would normally be based at our state of the art Headquarters in Southampton, however in accordance with Government guidelines, OS are supporting our teams with Working From Home. It is anticipated that a hybrid approach to office / WFH will be adopted in the future.
To apply: Please upload your covering letter and CV demonstrating your suitability for the role.
Closing date: 04 July 2021
We believe diversity and inclusion is about working together – in a supportive and respectful environment to reach our full potential. We think combining different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives will help us reach our vision and be trusted and admired across the globe for setting the standards and leading the way. We are looking for talented and experienced individuals from a range of backgrounds and welcome applications from any race, age, gender, background or religion.
We’re individually talented and collectively powerful and we give you the space to take your career in whichever direction you want.
We’re always happy to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook.