As part of Parexel Consulting, you will create and maximize value for clients throughout the product lifecycle. You will be a strategic guide in getting products to market faster, smarter – and keeping them there –your scientific, technical, regulatory, and/or commercial expertise will put best practice standards to work for biopharmaceutical and medical device companies large and small.
In return, you will be provided with interesting opportunities for growth and development and exposed to a variety of challenging assignments, product types, geographic regions, and therapeutic areas. Plus, as member of Parexel Consulting, you will enjoy all the advantages of working remotely,
combined with access to the mentorship from a team of highly experienced regulatory professionals at the height of their careers. Join our team, and you will design solutions for the complexities of an ever-changing global marketplace.
- Full Time
- Travel: Yes
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Global Impact
We are one truly global team working together to propel each client´s journey ahead faster.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Opportunities to work on multiple accounts – never boring!
Strong management with depth of experience working for global health authorities.
Modelling & Advanced Analytics is a dedicated Parexel Regulatory & Access Consulting unit with ~45 staff based in the UK, US, Sweden and India, whose purpose is to provide health economics and analytics consultancy services to international pharmaceutical and medical devices companies.
The unit focuses on the development of Health Technology Assessment compliant cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of drugs and devices. Wider forms of modelling such as early economic models, payer value tools, and country adaptations also form part of the team’s work. The unit also specializes in advanced statistical techniques including survival analysis and Bayesian network predictive modelling. Projects may variously employ mathematical, statistical, economic and operational research techniques applied to the evaluation of drugs and devices in a wide range of health conditions. The unit works closely with the other parts of Parexel Regulatory & Access Consulting including Evidence Review, and Pricing & Market Access which focus on systematic literature reviews, value communications, and HTA dossier development.
This role can be office or home based in the UK or flexibly based in multiple European locations.
The purpose of the role is to lead the development of health economic models, such as cost-effectiveness and budget impact models, to understand the economic value of clients’ products and interventions. This is a senior role within the modelling team, incorporating responsibilities for line management, business development, thought leadership and team training.
Objectives of the role:
- Project management: Manage a team of analysts to ensure timely delivery of projects to a high standard, managing client communications, and ensuring projects are delivered on budget
- Technical leadership: Provide technical leadership and training to more junior staff within the team, and ensure own skills are up to date
- Management support: Provide support to the senior modelling team in managing aspects of business performance, as required
- Professional conduct at all working levels within a client organization and within Parexel
- Complete basic job-related responsibilities, including timesheets, expense reports, maintenance of CVs, project deliverable archiving, participation in internal initiatives/projects or as a mentor as requested by management
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Documented experience developing economic models including cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Master’s degree in either life science or a quantitative discipline, such as health economics, economics, mathematics or statistics
- Strong computing skills (MS Office) including strong MS Excel (and VBA) skills
- Experience of programming and software such as SAS, STATA and R is an advantage
- Extensive experience of project management of modelling projects
- A high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing, especially in the relaying of technical information
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, ambition and flexibility
- Fluent English, another European language will be an asset