UK Government - Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
As a caseworker in the Office of the Traffic Commissioner, you will work as part of a team providing support for the independently appointed Traffic Commissioner (TC) to enable him/her to undertake their statutory duties in relation to the licensing and regulation of goods and public service vehicle operators and vocational licence holders.
You will provide invaluable support in the handling of the administrative arrangements for public inquiries, driver conduct hearings and impounding hearings and implementing the Traffic Commissioner’s decisions, directions and instructions.
As a caseworker in the Office of the Traffic Commissioner, your main responsibilities will include:
- Drafting accurate and full submissions in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Senior Traffic Commissioner Statutory Guidance and Directions as set out in the Operating Instructions
- Providing a quality public inquiry, driver conduct hearing and impounding hearing service for the Traffic Commissioner
- Preparing complete and accurate appeal bundles to the Upper Tribunal and taking all appropriate actions
- Responding to requests from Stakeholders
- Embracing a constructive approach to the OTC, in particular, providing assistance to colleagues and responding to management instructions
- Undertaking general administrative duties
For a full insight into the role, please refer to the attached role profile document.
You will have impeccable time management and organisational skills, capable of managing several tasks with conflicting deadlines and competing resources.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills capable of efficiently communicating with the wider team and members of the public.
You will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to make timely decisions and recommendations.
You will have a strong knowledge of IT systems and Microsoft Office 365 applications particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain's roads.
We're an innovative organisation that values professional expertise and invests in all our people. We champion inclusive and diverse teams, ensuring we have the skills required to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future, meeting the needs of the people who use our services.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVSA visit our Careers website.
Diversity: Our vision is to support and develop everyone who chooses to work for us, our passion for diversity and equality ensures we create a positive working culture for all employees that is friendly, welcoming, respectful and full of opportunities for professional and personal development.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
To learn more about life as an employee of the DVSA visit our Careers website.