What will this role involve?
- Maintain high technical standards Attend project and work briefings as required Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including; Carriageway and footway patching, kerbing, ironwork replacement, drainage
- Participate in summer & winter 24hr standby on a rota basis, Participate with incident response, winter maintenance services; precautionary gritting, the safe clearance of snowfall
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books Record Drivers' hours Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system To keep records,
complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
- Follow Amey’s Zero Code by ensuring yourself, others and the working environments are safe
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would Have a:
- Full Driving Licence – & preferably have an LGV Driving Licence (Class 2)
- Drivers Qualification (card up to date)
- New Roads & Street Works
- 12D M1-M2 (High Speed Traffic Management)
- Have experience in an industry role such as civil engineering, groundworks, traffic management or any other relevant background
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and develop new skills
What makes this role unique?
- You will help to deliver a best in class service for our client.
- In return for your commitments you will be making a difference within your local community.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
Amey delivers highway maintenance services across North Lanarkshire through an innovative Private Public Partnership. Under the agreement, we are improving and maintaining the North Lanarkshire road network, including 1,450km of roads and 56,000 street lights.
The focus of this important partnership is on efficiency, growth and social inclusion. As part of the contract we are creating a Centre of Excellence, where schoolchildren can gain vital qualifications and at the same time receive on-the-job training in the workplace.