- To carry out all aspects of the role as identified by the Standard Operating Model processes.
- You will be the interface between internal delivery teams and the client during the planning and delivery phases of Reactive Maintenance. Plan, direct and co-ordinate operational activities ensuring effectiveness and value for money. Develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with operations and commercials teams. You will be part of a collaborative team working to ensure all works are planned and coordinated as well as dealing with general enquiries from the Client, Statutory Undertakers and Local Authorities.
What will this role involve?
- Receive and process works orders,
and work with Pre Site Technicians to prepare sites for programming
- Review works orders for compliance with SLA/Contract compliance
- Liaise with works order generator in case of queries
- Co-ordinate labour, plant, materials, supply chain, permits, risk assessments, safety compliance, traffic management, with others where appropriate
- Complete resource programme for sign-off by Operations Controller, to ensure that work can be released for delivery on site
- Allocate works orders for Pre Site Inspection, programming or return to client for further information
- Log all works as required
- Review works orders for plant, materials and vehicle requirements
- Liaise with works order originators over incomplete orders
- Deliver and continuously improve service levels
- Maximise the productivity of the resources through reduction in wasted time, materials and operational costs
- Arranging and submitting applications for Road space occupancy with Highways England and Local authoritries.
- Populate and manage TTROs and ETTROs where required
- Work with the planners and Planned Maintenance Teams to optimise roadspace and aid effective works programming
What does this role require?
- Competent use of IT systems and packages
- Experience of planning and co-ordination
- Knowledge of Highways Maintenance Contracts
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to challenge assumptions and ask questions
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of employee and client
- High level of assertiveness and confidence
- Fact orientated
- Good time planner
- Manage conflicting demands
- Working in team environment
- Commercial Awareness – billing requirements, SLA knowledge, understanding of how works are paid for
- Understanding of basic programming of works
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.