Deliver effective and efficient day-to-day service to customers by providing excellent customer service when processing maintenance, undertaking compliance related tasks and resolving customer requests/queries/complaints
Job Title: Customer Service Operator
Location: Waterside House, Waterside way, Northampton, NN4 7XD
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Hours: 40 Hours per week
What will this role involve?
- Answering inbound calls
- Assisting the Customer Service Manager with the investigation of high level complaints
- Accessing and collating data for sensitive and vulnerable customers and ensuring compliance with the DDA
- Working in line with Amey’s agreed SLA’s
- Managing/maintaining customer relationships/expectations at all levels and ensuring that our customers are informed with accurate and reliable information
- Maintaining, recording and monitoring 100% compliance with Supply Interruption Forms
- Monitoring, recording and assisting with the investigation and resolution of customer response complaints (CRC), and providing feedback on resolution
- Producing and maintaining customer information packs
- Identifying and escalating any concerns that could lead to wide scale customer or environmental impact
- Acting as the central point of contact for all operational staff customer administration requirements
- Monitoring and recording Customer Questionnaires and ensuring follow up issues on returned questionnaires are dealt with and responses recorded
- Administration duties, creating customer information letters, filing/scanning, printing, folding of letters
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a customer service-based role is preferable
- Professional telephone manner and comfortable with working in a heavily telephone based role
- Ability to work under pressure, think clearly and act decisively
- Excellent organisational skill and fantastic attention to detail
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Computer literate for the use of a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous administration experience is desirable
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.