Textron Specialized Vehicles
About Textron Specialized Vehicles
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, TUG™ and Douglas™ brands; Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services.
Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit: www.textron.com.
Textron GSE are seeking a Sourcing Specialist. The Sourcing Specialist is a varied role, including responsibility for sourcing and purchasing parts, as well as expediting to ensure purchase orders reach our suppliers and the parts are then supplied to us in a timely manner. This person would liaise directly with the existing sourcing and purchasing teams to expedite requests and triage problems as they arise.
The projects/tasks will be varied. They will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing relationships with external suppliers;
- Identify and develop new suppliers/materials/technologies;
- To proactively seek out new methods of purchasing and proactively exploit the potential of those approaches within our business;
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, on an as-needed basis;
- Lead or support project work including, but not limited to inventory reduction, supplier transitions, ECO’s and cost out;
- Help manage inventory safety stock and velocity levels;
- Purchase Order acknowledgements;
- Export lists of orders created previous day, make contact with suppliers to ensure the order has been received;
- Check that the supplier is able to deliver the parts when we need them at the price we requested;
- Work with the inventory team if the promise date is outside the need by date;
- Contact suppliers directly to expedite parts to reduce and prevent customer backorders;
- Work closely with the Service Parts Order Desk to ensure urgent customer requirements are given priority;
- To report out on agreed KPIs and measures;
- Coordinate Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) process;
- Contact suppliers and expedite all overdue purchase orders, prevention of customer backorders is critical to the business;
- Determine best methods of shipping urgent parts from our suppliers to meet the needs of our customers whilst operating within the approved budget.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Business, Supply Chain or related field;
- Prior sourcing/purchasing experience necessary;
- IT Literate: Microsoft Office Package Intermediate (Excel – Advanced) and Oracle;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to operate on own initiative;
- Strongly task oriented and results focused;
- Excellent time management and problems solving skills.
Job Field Product Support
Primary Location Great Britain-England-Ipswich
Recruiting Company Textron Specialized Vehicles
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Job Posting 04/28/2021, 11:08:53 AM