British Transport Police
British Transport Police (BTP) are looking to recruit a Project Support Officer on a temporary basis to support our Estates Transformation team in the re-location of one of our office spaces. This post will be based in Birmingham and is expected to end in January 2022 when the project comes to completion. There may be scope for extension of contract or permanency as the wider transformation project progresses.
The starting salary for this role is £24,490.39 per annum.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year.
The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Project Support Officer you will support the project team in the development and delivery of our Estates Transformation by providing a comprehensive advisory and administrative service.
As Project Support Officer you will be required to:
Act as first point of contact for any queries
- Monitor the performance of project work in line with agreed objectives
- Develop and maintain the information systems that monitor information related to the project
- Design and construct project plans where appropriate
- Updating and creating intranet pages and providing advice and support
- Assist and support in project meetings
- Provide vital administrative support
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful applicant will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Experience of project management methodology and demonstrable experience in providing project support
- Experience in developing and maintaining databases
- Experience of organising meetings and preparing appropriate documentation
- Self-starter, confident in liaising with staff and Officers at all levels of seniority and rank
If you are interested in applying then please click the 'apply' link below where you will be invited to our application page and asked to answer some competency and skills based questions.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Basic Salary of £24,490.39 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is June 2021. If you have an queries, please contact the recruitment team – [email protected]
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.