Amey’s Waste Recovery Park based in Milton Keynes combines state of the art mechanical treatment and the latest in energy recovery technologies, to manage black sack waste from the local area, in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way.
We’re looking for a Commercial Assistant to join our team, working closely with the Commercial Manager in supporting business and contractual objectives. In this capacity you will be responsible for managing third party supplier contracts and payments, as well as supporting the wider Milton Keynes business, and ensuring commercial best practice.
- Processing goods receipts for services completed by suppliers
- Managing PO’s including uplifts and dealing with payment related queries
- Support the business through providing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators and Contract Requirements
- Preparing monthly reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting with forecasting of waste and energy generation
- Ensuring that all the requirements for acquiring government incentives are met
- Assist with Onboarding of suppliers
- On-going supplier management and ensuring services are provided in line with SLA’s
- Support for any claims arising from unsatisfactory performance of contractors in the provision of services
- Support the Commercial manager with Milton Keynes Council and SPV contractual communications
- Collation of Cost and Value Information including preparation of reconciliation statements for major contracts
- Municipal Waste contract monitoring
What are we looking for?
This role would suit a hands-on individual who is looking to grow their commercial career. You should have demonstrable experience in a commercial or QS focused role, analytical with excellent IT and numeracy skills. Any experience with contractual disputes or variation procedures would be highly beneficial.
The successful candidate will have a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, ideally with an understanding of general contract law. You should be have an interest in, or already be workings towards your RICS Chartership.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.