City of London
*** UI Designer - Contract - London***
6 Month Rolling Contract
£Competitvepwd Umbrella Company
Key Skills: UI Design, Design Systems, Figma (or Sketch)
- Working within small, agile delivery teams to help design, develop and improve the customer experience.
- Communication and development of creative concepts, executional ideas and design rationale to team members and stakeholders.
- Documentation of new design rules, patterns, systems, style guides and interaction guides.
- To enable other teams to move more quickly with confidence.
- Documentation of working design files to established conventions.
- Consolidation and translation of existing or relevant design rules, patterns, systems, style guides and interaction guides.
- Collaboration with experience designers, UI designers, developers and testers to produce effective products.
- Production of high quality work under pressure with meticulous attention to detail.
- You have passion for design and technology, with a keen interest in visual arts and digital culture.
- Self-motivated and organised with good time management skills.
- An aptitude and eagerness to mentor and elevate other creative people.
- Commercial design experience
- A strong and varied personal portfolio in digital format.
- Previous experience in the retail sector is an advantage.
Skills and experience
- Moving from Sketch to Fimga so any Figma experience would be highly desirable
- Proficiency with the latest versions of Sketch, Zeplin and Adobe CC.
- Experience working with design systems.
- Proficiency at designing intuitive graphical interfaces for desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Proficiency at designing native software on the following operating systems: iOS, Android.
- Proficiency in producing design executions that comply with W3C accessibility guidelines.
- Knowledge of typography and its use in interactive contexts.
- Knowledge of the latest multi-channel design tools, techniques and technologies.
- Experience of working on design projects using waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience in producing the following project artefacts: interface scamps, mood boards, page comps, page designs, style guides, interactive prototypes, interaction guides.
- Experience working with the following user experience practices and deliverables: personas, user journeys, page flows, wireframes, site architectures, navigation models.
- Experience in coding is an advantage.
- Experience in producing paper and interactive prototypes to test creative concepts and ideas.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and interface building applications.
- Experience in participating in user testing sessions.
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.