i6 Group, Ltd.
i6 Group is a global, fast growing software business developing software and equipment for the aerospace industry. We have developed the broadest, fully functioned cloud-based solutions next-generation management and mobile platform for aviation fuelling and business aviation and are expanding our operations from the UK across Europe, India, Canada, USA and Australia. We work with the world’s largest airlines including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, JetBlue, Delta, Air Canada and Lufthansa and all the major fuel suppliers at many major airports.
You will be responsible for establishing and leading our Data, Visualisation and Insights product team within our development team.
You will have a background in data science and analysis within a software development environment.
Our platform gathers data from multiple airlines, airports, refuelling companies and other service providers including operational information, timing information, status timestamps at over 130 airport locations world-wide and continuing to grow.
Within the bounds of our data sharing agreements with our customers, we want to ensure that we are maximising the use of data, insights and visualisation to drive the most value in terms of efficient, robust operations, improving the value proposition to our customers through using our platform, and improving the working of the markets in which we operate.
- Lead and own the data insights & visualisation product team
- Manage data governance and drive data quality, consistency and reliability across the business
- Establish good data take-on, flow, processing and usage principles within our platform
- Evangelise the value of data insight and visualization to differentiate our platform
- Protect our data from incorrect usage or delivery to the wrong place
Essential skills & Experience:
- Experience with managing large, complex, growing data-sets
- Familiarity with tools that deliver automated customer facing data solutions, visualisations and insights
- Working with backend-developers and infrastructure teams to build robust data pipelines and solutions
- Curious and investigative approach to finding solutions
- Ability to extract insights from data
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience in the aviation, accounting or financial markets
- Knowledge of MongoDB would be beneficial
- Familiarity with some of the tools in Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Google Data Studio, AI Platform etc.) would be a plus
- Experience in building robust data pipelines using modern tools such as DBT
- Relevant higher education qualification preferred but not imperative
- Remuneration: £ Negotiable on experience/skills
- Full time position (09:00-17:30, Mon-Fri, flexible hours) - some flexible working possible
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme - 5% company contribution
- Medical Insurance
- On-site parking and two cafes
- Regular team quiz night and games night
- Quarterly social events such as Top Golf, bowling, escape rooms
- Team meals
- Lunchtime Running Club
Job Location: Farnborough Airport, Farnborough, we also offer flexible and remote working options.
Job Type: Full-time