We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do.
We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey
Anaerobic digestion (AD) is a series of natural biological processes whereby organic waste material – known as feedstock – is broken down by micro-organisms and converted into energy, known as biogas. The biogas is used in a combined heat and power plant to generate renewable energy. The role will be a hands-on role operating machinery on the site, managing feedstock (organic waste) throughput throughout the process alongside assisting in plant maintenance, general upkeep and repairs. Promoting good working practices and positive relations between staff, the local community and external regulatory bodies.
What we are looking for
- Loading fermenter/dry digester with organic material.
- Working with maintenance team to ensure the plants are fully maintained.
- Involvement with replacing pumps, shafts and other components.
- Hands-on role involving operating front end loader/loading shovel.
- Involved in maintaining and managing the systems to control the plant.
- Maximise the biogas yields of the fermenters and electricity produced by the engines.
- Management of CLO (Compost like output) to ensure ABPR is adhered to at all times.
- Out loading the CLO to the various off takers.
- Laboratory sampling/testing to monitor and ensure the plant is operated within the agreed parameters.