We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do.
We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey provides facilities and estate management services covering 40 sites for Highways England including offices, regional operational centres, traffic officer outstations and one highway maintenance depot.
We deliver planned and reactive maintenance, project and asset management and essential services like cleaning, we help keep the sites we maintain, safe, clean and complaint.
Based at our site Bridge House, your role as receptionist will be to provide support for our Soft Services Contract by supporting other colleagues and successfully completing a variety of reception and administrative duties, in a timely and accurate manner.
This is a full-time permanent position based at our site in Guildford, Surrey.
Working pattern includes Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours per week.
We are offering a salary of £20,000 per annum plus a range of Amey benefits.
Security Clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
What will this role involve?
- To present a professional, courteous and helpful approach, delivering a high quality of customer service to the client.
- To ensure that SLA’s are maintained, that complaints are minimal and that no breaches of contract occur.
- To complete any training required and to take part in the training of other colleagues if required.
- Complete administrative and telephony duties in an effective, compliant and timely manner.
- Receive bookings of visitors and amend on a daily basis.
- Issue/collect passes and arrange companions for visitors.
- Provide information about site and facilities.
- To utilise and maintain a variety of computer programs on a daily basis.
- Follow a schedule of works but be adaptable to meet additional requests.
- Ensure all equipment is checked before use, is fit for use, and that you are trained to use it.
- Ensure health and safety requirements are followed as directed by management.
- Maintain an awareness of confidentiality and data protection when working in sensitive environments.
- Wear the uniform provided and ensure ID is carried at all times.
What are we looking for?
- Practical experience working as a Receptionist, including a good understanding of administration requirements in a busy, fast paced environment, data processing and prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Developed IT skills; Microsoft packages and other bespoke programmes.
- Undertake training to meet the requirements of the role.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- NVQ level 2 qualification in Customer Service or Administration or related discipline would be advantageous
Job Reference: AM20172