Newcastle upon Tyne
Learn More about the 2021 TurnitINTERN Summer Internship Program HERE
NOTE: This is a REMOTE INTERNSHIP. If you are interested in joining a informational Zoom session, email [email protected] with the subject line “TurnitINTERN Zoom Meeting Interest”
Turnitin is a global company dedicated to ensuring the integrity of education and meaningfully improving learning outcomes. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educators to guide their students towards higher standards of integrity and by students,
researchers and professionals to do their best, original work.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Over 15,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Feedback Studio, Gradescope, iThenticate, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity and ExamSoft.
- Authenticity: Showing up as who we truly are. Representing integrity in our products. Willing to say tough/unpopular things.
- Action & Ownership: Acting quickly, like owners, with a bias for action. Always growing, and changing, avoiding the blame game.
- Global Mindset: Considering different perspectives, celebrating diversity. Acting like one team. Recognizing the work we do has an impact on the world.
- Passion for Learning: Helping educators and learners on the global front. Committing to our own learning and growth. Upholding our corporate social responsibility to education.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AND ACHIEVE:
The product strategy intern will use the summer to build real world skills in long term product development through a structured, summer-long project. The intern will start with a business question defined by the product team. The intern will use internal data to form an experimental approach to answering the question, work with internal and external stakeholders to gather qualitative and quantitative data, and do secondary research to support a conclusion. By the end of the summer, the intern will produce a deliverable that presents the findings and makes a strategic recommendation for Turnitin’s future growth. The project may relate to a market study, an exploration of a new product idea, or a proposal for expansion of an existing product line.
This is an opportunity to learn about the earliest stages of product development at a growing edTech company, while also gaining exposure to the day-to-day work of a product manager. The intern will have an opportunity to hone their research, analytic, communication, and critical thinking skills and leave the summer with tangible outcomes and artifacts to enhance their educational experience.
Current UK undergraduate student who will graduate by June 2022
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to successfully communicate with varied audiences
- Excellent research skills and ability to synthesize information in a meaningful way
- Comfort with technology and an understanding of how software works (programming skills not required)
- Strong interest in business, education, or technology
- Passion for learning and developing new skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic work environment
Nice to have:
- Solid presentation skills
- Visual communication skills
No agency submissions
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.