Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
Group Change is a delivery function for the group’s businesses responsible for shaping and implementing; strategic investments, agile and small change, continuous improvement and internal consultancy.
- Change Leadership – thought leadership, best practice tools and techniques
- Programme and Project Management
- Business Analysis and Design
- Continuous Improvement
- Project Management Office Services: Quality, Governance, Reporting, Financial Management
- Change Management and Training
- Internal consultancy – change expertise
The function supports all of Aldermore group’s businesses.
The role of Trainer is really important to us. You will As a highly skilled Trainer, you will be responsible for working with assigned business stakeholders to initiate and develop new training interventions, in support of change and business development that enhances capability. This will cover areas included induction, role specific competence, regulatory compliance, knowledge and behaviour development and more.
There are currently multiple opportunities for a Trainer to join our team. When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff, Manchester or Reading office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager The Group Training Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Facilitating training and development interventions (courses, workshops etc.)
- Coaching and supporting others in assigned business areas, and peers within the team to maximise potential and high performance
- Designing, maintaining, enhancing and continually improving content and materials
- Setting expectations for and managing delegate behaviour and contribution
- Working effectively with business area and third party providers ensuring a smooth transition from design to delivery
- Ensuring that evaluation data is captured and reported on to allow for the identification of improvements to content, delivery processes or facilities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Maintaining a thorough and up to date knowledge of business areas, objectives and issues and proactively make recommendations in respect of new training interventions and approaches
What do we expect of you?
- An experienced Trainer with a track record within Learning and Development
- A skilled influencer and relationship builder
- A thorough understanding of the training cycle including learning needs analysis and design
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience in working with external suppliers
- Demonstrate high personal credibility and behave as a role model
- CIPD qualification or equivalent eg CTP Certificate in Training Practice would be beneficial
- CeMap qualification would be beneficial
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.