Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is world-leading provider of geospatial solutions.
OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
Our busy HR team is looking for people to support their mission - to be essential to our business; creating an environment that inspires our people to be their best every day.
Join us and you will have an opportunity to make an impact. To deliver projects that make OS an amazing place to work. And to be central to OS’s vision:
to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.
We're looking for a Resourcing Adviser on a 12 month fixed term contract to join the team...
About the role
Put really simply, our Resourcing team find great talent to enable the business to acquire the skills, experience and capabilities to achieve our strategic ambitions.
As a Resourcing Adviser you will act as the face of OS ensuring that you are providing a great candidate experience and help demonstrate that OS is a great place to work through leveraging the key elements of our EVP and Employer Brand. This role is about partnering with key leaders and hiring managers to drive recruitment best practise so you will need to be someone who can build effective relationships and where necessary challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure we are able to hire talent in a timely and cost-efficient way.
We are data & insight driven and we are looking for someone who can use key MI to inform hiring decisions and routes to market through our attraction methodology whilst being able to create innovative solutions for some of our more challenging roles. You will coordinate and manage the entire recruitment process from attraction through to select & assessment right up to onboarding. As part of this role, you will also find yourself working closely with the other key areas of our HR team including the Reward, L&D;, Employee Relations, HR Services and HR Business Partnering teams to support in bringing our People Strategy to life.
OS continue to grow which means we need to continue find great talent and with another busy year ahead of us we are expecting high volumes of recruitment across the business, so you’ll need to have experience in managing multiple priorities whilst maintaining a high standard of partnering across your designated business areas.
What we’re looking for
You will be someone who enjoys working at pace and someone who also has a good attention to detail. It’s important you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are c ustomer focused with a proven ability to deal with people at all levels as well as the following:
- Ideas – we want to continue to improve in all aspects of talent acquisition model and we’re looking for someone to join us in sharing ideas and suggestions on how we do this
- Solutions focused – you’ll be confident in navigating challenges and finding ways to overcome and solve them
- Energy – We love recruitment and know how much value it adds and it’s important you share the same energy
- Passion for people – success in this role is centred around building great relationships and investing the time to get a real understanding of the key pieces of the puzzle that make up Ordnance Survey
- Experience in an in-house recruitment or recruitment agency role managing multiple vacancies at any one time
- The ability to use multiple platforms to directly source active and passive candidates
- Experience of specialist recruitment lifecycle management: job brief to offer
- Experience in coordinating and advising on best practise attraction, selection & assessment methodology
- Knowledge of working with an Application Tracking System (ATS) or HR/People system
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We will give you:
- Salary – £30,345 - £33,915
- Performance related bonus
- A competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
Location: This role will be based at our state-of-the-art Headquarters in Southampton. However, all our people, where they can are currently working from home.
Closing date: Friday 26th February 2021
We believe diversity and inclusion is about working together – in a supportive and respectful environment to reach our full potential. We think combining different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives will help us reach our vision and be trusted and admired across the globe for setting the standards and leading the way. We are looking for talented and experienced individuals from a range of backgrounds and welcome applications from any race, age, gender, background or religion.
We’re individually talented and collectively powerful and we give you the space to take your career in whichever direction you want.
We’re always happy to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook.