Associated British Ports
Location: Lowestoft, GB
We’re the UK's largest ports operator with a network of 21 ports around Britain. We handle around one quarter of the UK's seaborne trade and contribute £7.5 billion to our economy every year.
It’s a story we’re proud of but it doesn’t end there. We’re transforming our business and embracing the future.
We offer a vast range of roles spanning the UK, all rooted in a culture that welcomes diversity, fosters talent, encourages internal movement and progression, and places safety as our number one priority.
Here at Associated British Ports we are currently recruiting for Marina Operations Coordinator to join the team at our Marina in Lowestoft.
Reporting to the Marina Supervisor, the Marina Operations Assistant will be the first point of contact for the Marina Operations Assistants and overlook the day to day running of the Marina and Boatyard Operations.
This is a great opportunity for someone with excellent customer service skills and an interest in marina-based activities. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a great salary, private medical insurance and ABP discount schemes.
- Maintain a professional Marina operation ensuring that all customers and visitors enjoy a well-presented, professional environment.
- Ensure work completed is compliant with Health and Safety Legislation and adhere to Risk Assessments / SSOW / ABP Health & Safety Policy.
- Complete regular Health and Safety checks within the Marina, in accordance with weekly checklist. Report any non-conformities to the Marina Supervisor.
- Provide daily toolbox talks to team to ensure all Marina Operations Assistants understand their roles and what is expected of them pre-task.
- Carry out mooring duties and berthing of vessels.
- Undertake Maintenance and repair works of Marina and Shore Site.
- Carry out housekeeping of the Marina area to ensure tidiness of Marina facilities.
- Serving of diesel fuel to Lowestoft Haven Marina customers.
- Assist with general office and banking duties.
- To work in the yard when busy as and when required, to include the operation of boat hoists, towing of vessels and forklift truck.
- Occasionally act as a Deckhand onboard the pilot boat in Lowestoft, and provide further cover with other functions within the Marine department.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees and customers.
- Ability to deliver the ethos of exceptional customer service and always seeking to improve quality and service for both internal / external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge and ability with MS Office Suite programs (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proven ability to work with minimum of supervision and within a small team.
- Willing to work extended hours/weekends/Bank Holidays as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions – outside.
- Keen interest in all boating aspects.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Flexibility to travel between ports if required.
- Some knowledge/experience of all aspects of yachts and motorboats.
- RYA Powerboat level 2.
- RYA First Aid.
- RYA VHF.
- Forklift Truck licence(4t).
- 70t Boat Hoist.
When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
Please note that ABP undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero-tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position also.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.