City of London
iptiQ is a risk tech start-up within Swiss Re Group. Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
iptiQ provides digital, bespoke and transparent L&H; and P&C; protection products in a B2B2C manner. Founded in 2014, we're transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine which incorporates the latest technology with world-class underwriting capabilities. We build strong partnerships to sell insurance via trusted brands.
iptiQ offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
This is a strategic and leadership role and you will be part of a highly motivated team in a high growth and multifaceted business. In this position, you will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of Compliance activities within iptiQ, managing the iptiQ Compliance resource plan and budget and provides regular compliance risk reporting to Swiss Re Group, the iptiQ Executive Committee and oversight of Compliance reports to other iptiQ legal entity board of directors and board committees. The Head of Compliance iptiQ is a Member of the Swiss Re Compliance Management Team.
- Management and oversight of Compliance activities within the Division iptiQ
- Leading the global iptiQ Compliance teams (overall 15 employees based in Europe, Asia, Australia and the US, direct line management of 6 employees), including responsibility for resourcing, budget and talent development (in some instances in coordination with the General Counsel iptiQ)
- Advisor to the iptiQ Executive Committee (EC)
- Reporting of compliance risk relevant topics on a regular basis to iptiQ EC and Group Compliance; and ensures appropriate risk reporting for management across iptiQ legal entities
- Overseeing the development of the iptiQ Compliance risk framework in alignment with the Group Compliance risk framework, including the development of Compliance policies and guidelines and the delivery of Compliance trainings
- Overseeing the monitoring of legal and regulatory developments and trends relating to compliance topics within iptiQ and ensures proactive advice on impact to the iptiQ operating businesses
- Coordinates Compliance risk assessments for the iptiQ operating businesses in alignment with Group Compliance
- Coordinates compliance guidance and expertise (in coordination at times with Legal, Risk Management, and other expert functions) to support business plans, initiatives and ventures
- Oversees and coordinates all iptiQ Compliance assurance activities in liaison with Group Compliance Assurance
- Drives and/or actively contributes to specific Divisional Legal & Compliance initiatives
- Supports and coordinates activities related to iptiQ as a member of the Coordinated Assurance Framework (including taking responsibility for the Compliance function observations in respect of the iptiQ Key Risk Taker and Control Related Behavior Assessments)
About iptiQ Compliance
IptiQ Compliance is multi-jurisdictional team composed of 15 Compliance professionals based in Europe, Asia, Australia and the US, and we continue to grow as our business expands. The team consists of 4 sub-teams, iptiQ P&C;, iptiQ EMEA L&H;, iptiQ Americas, iptiQ Asia and iptiQ Australia. The teams are responsible for Compliance matters relating to iptiQ. The team spirit is based on trust, ease of interaction and fun! We value continuous development and new opportunities.
- 5-8 years' experience in a similar role
- Compliance professional with significant management experience in primary (retail) insurance business with a track record for managing compliance operations in a multi-jurisdictional environment.
- Experienced leader with proven demonstration of proactive development and nurturing of diverse talents as well as motivating strong performance from staff
- Proven relationship builder with ability to influence in a complex cross functional environment along with ability to balance professional independence with client service.
- Experience in preparing and presenting reports to senior management meetings
- Embraces diverse perspectives from stakeholders and staff alike
- Sound judgement, strong analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrated agility in navigating complex and fast paced environment
- Willingness to travel
- Flexibility to work according to multiple time-zones
- Excellent command of English, in both written and verbal communications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.