We are looking for a Learning and Development Manager to work in our HR team who support our Consulting business.
Amey Consulting is one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, inspiring change and driving improvements across the UK's critical infrastructure to create a positive impact on society.
We want to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, whether we're using data to reduce delays across the road and rail network, designing carbon neutral schemes or delivering critical infrastructure projects.
Our ambition is to leave a legacy of sustainable infrastructure for future generations. Our team of designers,
engineers and consultants are transforming the way we design strategic assets - providing collective creativity to our clients, to keep the country moving, and supporting economic growth.
As our Learning and Development Manager, you will work with the L&D; Business Partner to design, develop and deliver tailored L&D; programmes which support our Consulting teams.
This will include early careers, talent, leadership and management.
This is an ideal opportunity for either an L&D; Advisor or generalist HR Advisor who has supported L&D; initiatives, and is looking to develop their role by taking on more ownership for project design and delivery facilitation.
This role is remote, so we welcome applications from across the UK. Please note that there is occasional UK wide travel required for this role, this will be on an ad-hoc basis.
What will this role involve?
- Supporting the Learning & Development Business Partner with development and delivery of L&D; related people plans.
- Supporting the roll-out of our leadership programmes to develop our leaders of the future and ensure we have robust succession in place to enable continued business growth.
- Developing and delivering the people manager programme to ensure people managers have the skills they need to drive a high-performance culture and better manage performance, conduct and absence.
- Delivering STEM returners programme which aims to address the skills gap and attract a more diverse talent pool.
- Developing induction programmes which help new joiner understand our business and how we work.
- Developing and leading content and thought leadership in relation to career development at all levels across the business.
- Working in collaboration with the Group L&D;, Recruitment and Reward teams to embed fit for purpose initiatives.
- Producing key performance metrics, identifying trends,
providing insight based on data and with the L&D; BP taking action to improve performance
What are we looking for?
- Experience implementing L&D; focused initiatives which have influenced business performance in either a generalist HR or an internal L&D; role
- Ideally blended experience in HR services, specialisms and business partnering
- Experience in, or ability to, deliver L&D; programmes or training to a range of internal clients
- Understanding of the HR service delivery and operating model
- Experience using data to drive insightful and impactful solutions
- Ideally CIPD qualified level 5 and working towards level 7
- Graduate calibre or equivalent based on experience
In return :
- Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey. If you’re happy, you’ll think better.
It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table.
But we do have one thing in common : we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply,
with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book.
Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure.
We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges.
People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one.
You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please contact our recruitment team to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
▶️ Learning and Development Manager
📍 Great Britain