If you have any questions regarding an application please contact the People Service Centre on 0370 240 0274.
We've got an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious Food and Beverage Manager to be joining us at this time and be part of shaping an innovative, future-proof F&B; offer for the next generation, whilst managing and further improving our current F&B; operations. As the Food and Beverage Manager you will have a passion for food and enjoy inspiring a team to deliver great results and income opportunities so that the profit can be reinvested back into our important conservation work.
What it's like to work here
Our sites in The Lizard & Penrose and West Cornwall are beautiful and diverse.
Trengwainton - Here in this warm and luxuriant garden, you can follow in the footsteps of the 1920s plant hunters to see plants that flowered in Britain for the first time. Award-winning magnolias and rhododendrons are still nurtured by those with a passion for their beauty and extraordinary story and five sections of walled gardens are crammed with tender exotic species from around the world
Botallack - On the wild Tin Coast, the famed Crowns engine houses cling to the foot of the cliffs. Part of the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site and Poldark filming location..
Godolphin - An ancient and atmospheric estate with a medieval garden and historic house.
Gunwalloe - A site of archaeological importance surrounded by dunes, beaches, a medieval church and a reedbed rich in wildlife.
What you'll be doing
The Food and Beverage Manager will be responsible for managing the F&B; outlets at our newly created mini portfolio covering sites at Trengwainton, Godolphin, Gunwalloe and Botallack and developing them into the future.
This post involves management of a team of approximately (20) staff, some volunteers and seasonal, with a strong focus needed on both back office processes and procedures and front of house customer service and delivery. As part of a senior management team, the Food and Beverage Manager will be working alongside other Heads of Department to deliver ambitious results within the core values and aims of both the property and the wider National Trust.
Who we're looking for
Applications from internal employees who are under notice of redundancy are assessed against the minimum criteria listed below. All other applicants may be assessed against other criteria in the advert and role profile.
Any employees under notice of redundancy who meet the minimum criteria will progress to the next stage. In your application please provide details of how you meet the criteria for this role.
- An inspiring, motivating leader with strong coaching, developing and supervising skills who’s comfortable with giving constructive feedback when necessary
- Able to understand your customers and take pride in delivering excellent customer service – personally, and through your team
- Able to express ideas and unafraid to test them out
- Experience of managing a Food & Beverage operation with multiple outlets
- Experience of setting, working towards, and achieving targets for yourself and your teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Food Hygiene qualifications and Health & Safety compliance
- Experience of managing budgets
Please note due to the nature of this role you must be flexible in travelling between site locations
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.