Milk & More carry out 1,300,000 deliveries of daily essentials every week to homes around Britain, via a network of 53 fulfilment centres. The milkman is arguably the original home delivery service and Milk & More is ensuring that this great British tradition continues to flourish.
Join Us – Operations Manager - Thetford Fulfilment Centre
There are plenty of home delivery services out there; but Milk & More is different. Based on the long-standing British icon – the milk delivery person, we pride ourselves on being at the heart of communities across the country and are committed to working with local producers.
Milk & More continue to forge a strong path in eco-friendly deliveries and now have the UK’s largest fleet of electric vehicles.
We are currently making over 1.2 million deliveries every week and in these challenging times, our customers are relying on us now more than ever. As a business we need to continue to do our part in #feedthenation , delivering over 200 essential products overnight to customers doorsteps by 7am.
Due to substantial growth we are looking for a Operations Manager to help to manage our Thetford Fulfilment Centre. Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, you will be directly responsible for all service levels, sales, staff and operational issues within your centre.
- To drive the processes within the centres to deliver customer service excellence including adherence to key elements of customer service in line with the agreed KPIs and activity
- To ensure, at all times, that service levels are maintained in line with customer requirements, dealing promptly and effectively with customer complaints
- Ensure that all rotas and advanced scheduling are efficient
- To have daily pre and debriefs with each Centre to ensure any urgent issues are resolved and escalated accordingly
- To work with other functions to support the business with any business development plans for the Centres in relation to any customer acquisition and activities
- To identify local opportunities to improve business performance and promote the business at every opportunity, including that our colleagues demonstrate the correct brand image whilst undertaking their daily work.
- To manage all Centres processes to ensure that they work effectively and efficiently
- Monitor waste and quality issues at centre level and ensure that the products delivered daily are in line with customer expectations
- To ensure all Centre processes are efficient and work effectively in line with Centre Organisation Design e.g. picking and loading
- To ensure that the Centre resources are allocated and utilised in the most effective and consistent manner, using all scheduling tools available and ensuring rotas are covered accordingly
- To ensure that all Mandatory Quality Standards, vehicle legislation and Health and Safety are complied with
- To manage and ensure that all centres administrative duties are undertaken in line with the requirements for financial reporting, wages input and control and customer information and appropriation and assigned to the correct owner
- Manage the Centre profit and loss accounting and ensure that the centre operates in the most affordable manner
- To ensure that Fulfilment Centre has management presence over the whole 6 days of operation
- To recruit and develop employees, in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures, ensuring all colleagues are aware of responsibilities with respect to health & safety, quality, service and all operational aspects of the role
- To complete regular performance and development reviews with employees and facilitate weekly 121s with all colleagues
Key Skills & Experience
- The job holder should ideally be educated to A level standard or equivalent, and have supervisory experience in a previous role within customer service orientated environment
- The ability to motivate staff and manage resources effectively is essential
- Able to communicate clearly and promote a culture of ‘best practice’
- Demonstrate a passion and proven track record to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work in a time critical environment
- Strong understanding of health and safety, employment and where applicable tachograph legislation, plus a full understanding of internal audit procedures
- Understanding and promoting lean thinking in relation to all processes
- Deep understanding of manpower planning e.g. rounds, rotas and employment patterns
Hours, Salary & Company Benefits:
- Salary of up to £40,000 per annum (DOE)
- Monthly paid
- 25 days annual leave
- 10% Staff Discount available
- Up to a potential of 10% additional annual bonus
- Life Assurance x4
- Company Pension Scheme
If this is the role for you – apply now at https://careers.muellergroup.com/MilkandMore/?locale=en_GB
F.A.O. Hire To Retire Recruitment, Milk & More, Donnington Wood Business Park, Telford, Shropshire, TF2 7GJ