Network Rail operates and maintains the railway infrastructure 24/7 365 days a year.
This is an exciting time to join Network Rail in our North Western & Central (NW&C;) Region, which is the ‘Backbone of Britain’ - the economic spine connecting our main cities.
North West & Central’s vision for the five years to 2024 is “One team safely delivering excellent services to customers and taxpayers.” We will achieve this vision by embedding a safe, caring workforce culture that encourages everyone and embraces new insights and fresh thinking. NW&C; Region consist of three routes:
- North West Route, covering Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Cumbria.
- Central Route,
covering the West Midlands and Chiltern areas.
- West Coast Mainline South Route*, covering the West Coast main line south of Crewe to London Euston.
We are looking for hardworking people from all backgrounds to join our journey and move us forward by having a rewarding career, the right lifestyle balance and great benefits in a caring environment. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider flexible working applications. If we can make it work – we will!
About the role (External)
The purpose of this role is to act as the West Coast Mainline South Route focal point for internal and external partners in relation to route crime, security and contingency preparedness of the route. Working in line with the Regional Strategy develop, promulgate and maintain route crime prevention, security and emergency plans and procedures in line with statutory requirements. To manage the Route performance improvement process relating to Route Crime, including the production of robust and quantifiable performance improvement plans.
- Developing and implementing performance improvement schemes relating to External delay categories, particularly surrounding crime and security incl suicide prevention
- Influence route teams, other functions, TOCs, British Transport Police, local government and other key partners to deliver improvement schemes
- Collaborate closely and build relationships with all key internal and external industry partners to develop an overview of performance improvement activities
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing
- Educated to degree level or be able to show equivalent level of experience and competency
- Detailed understanding of and proven credibility in operational security matters
- Good understanding of the principles of contingency and emergency planning and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present complex data in a simple and understandable way
- Proven experience and expertise in major incident/crisis management at a tactical level