Together, we can beat the climate crisis. Together, we can help Britain achieve net zero.
We're EDF and Britain's biggest generator of low carbon electricity. We're not only talking about climate change, we're doing something about it.
We're leading the charge for electric driving in Britain. Helping to build the nation's low carbon network and economy. Generating power from clean sources like, wind, nuclear and solar. Investing in research into new carbon cutting tech.
Our positive energy gets each of us up every morning, we're proud of the great things we're doing together.
If you want to build your future, join us and share our vision. Together, towards net zero.
Do you have experience within Facilities Management? Are you looking for an opportunity to obtain a qualification whilst gaining experience working within the UK’s largest creator of low-carbon electricity? Come and join us here at EDF and excel your Facilities Management career!
This apprenticeship is aimed at someone who already has some existing relevant Facilities Management experience either through work experience or through completion of the Level 3 Facilities Management qualification. Over two years, you'll study for a Level 4 Facilities Management Apprenticeship whilst working within the Property Services Team and upon completion of the scheme, you will have achieved the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) accredited L4 Diploma in FM.
The role will involve spending time at each of the significant EDF office locations around the UK to experience the different styles of operation required to support the businesses in that region (expenses will be covered), however your primary location will be in the South West of England and your time will be split between your EDF workplace and the Apprenticeship training provider.
Training will be with a centrally located training provider through subject specialists with strong sector experience utilising a variety of training methods and resources that are likely to include:
• Trainer led group training sessions / workshops face to face or online using video conferencing
• Individual training sessions face to face, telephone or video conferencing
• Resources – paper based, electronic and signposted external resources
• Online portfolio that can be accessed by learner and designated organisational contact
• Individualised approach
• Virtual Learning Environment
• Access to a Trainer through the portfolio, phone, text, email, IM
• Learn about other areas of the business through short projects and secondments
As you progress through your apprenticeship you will gain more knowledge and experience. With this, you'll be expected to take on more responsibility to:
• Be responsible for technical tasks depending on your skills
• Represent the Property Services Team at forums and events
• Be responsible for particular policies, standards and other documents
Once you’ve completed the scheme, you’ll have both academic qualifications and years of experience within EDF. That means you’ll be in the best possible position to continue your career. The future is yours for the taking!
- Communicative: Professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders.
- Self-motivated: A real passion for Facilities Management with the willingness to attend off site training courses, travel across the UK to different office locations to expand upon experience and study in own time to achieve a successful outcome of this apprenticeship.
- Accountable: Willingness to own tasks and have the resilience to work through issues to conclusion, maintaining energy and motivation.
- Organised: Proven organisational skills, ability to work under pressure and manage multiple incoming activities and tasks
- Proactive: A "can-do" approach, ability and willingness to quickly grasp and tackle tasks/projects
- Knowledge and understanding of the core elements within an FM role or prior completion of the level 3 FM qualification.
- Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will need to be flexible in primary work location to provide support where required to any of the regions across the UK.
- Engaging with senior leaders of our business & taking charge of problem resolution scenarios will be a key requirement going forward, so you will need to have a good prior working knowledge of FM systems from an operational delivery perspective and be comfortable in engaging with senior managers.
- Creative around problem solving
- Financially aware with experience of managing budgets
- Experience of Hard & Soft FM service delivery
- High integrity with ability to interface with all levels of staff and management
- Good Project Management Skills
- Full UK Driving licence
Compensation & Benefits:
Contract Type: 24 month fixed term contract
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Location: South West England including travel around the UK
Salary: £30,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
Closing date: Wednesday 27th January
At EDF, everyone's welcome. It's a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we're about the people who work with us - a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that's vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we'll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and success.
Build your future. Share our vision. Together, towards net zero.