If you have any questions regarding an application please contact the People Service Centre on 0370 240 0274.
Do you enjoy supervising and leading a talented, enthusiastic, passionate team? Are you a customer focussed individual wanting to provide exceptional customer service? If so this role could be for you.
What it's like to work here
Here in this warm and luxuriant garden, you can follow in the footsteps of the 1920s plant hunters to see plants that flowered in Britain for the first time.
Award-winning magnolias and rhododendrons are still nurtured by those with a passion for their beauty and extraordinary story and five sections of walled gardens are crammed with tender exotic species from around the world
What you'll be doing
You’ll love leading a small team, and with your passion for food and ability to identify new income opportunities, you’ll assist the Food & Beverage Manager to deliver an excellent experience for all our visitors at our special place. Through effective supervision and leadership you will motivate the team of staff and volunteers to work towards a culture of exceptional service and make it a great place to work.
Ensuring the team are competently trained and compliant with relevant legislation, you’ll also make sure every food and drink order is beautifully presented and served with a smile. You’ll work with your team to ensure the outlet is well presented and tables are cleared efficiently.
You’ll be proud to share our valuable work with our customers, and look to contribute new ideas so that we can maximise profit which can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Please note on occasion you may have to travel to the following properties within the portfolio; Trengwainton, Botallack, Godolphin and Gunwalloe
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
Applications from internal employees who are under notice of redundancy are assessed against the minimum criteria listed below. All other applicants may be assessed against other criteria in the advert and role profile.
Any employees under notice of redundancy who meet the minimum criteria will progress to the next stage. In your application please provide details of how you meet the criteria for this role.
- Customer focussed with great communication skills both verbal and written
- Passionate about food
- Creative and proactive and love seeking out new opportunities
- An inspirational leader
- Confident supervising teams – rota’s, managing absence, giving feedback
- Aware of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Please note you must be flexible and able to travel between sites in the portfolio.
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.