Job Description - Business Development Manager, Flexibility Solutions (Remote, UK) (LON00J)
Business Development Manager, Flexibility Solutions (Remote, UK)
Enel X is the global business line of Enel Group, combining its own progressive, future-oriented approach with the financial solidity and worldwide reach of the Group.
We are leading the energy transformation all over the world, turning complex technologies into simple, approachable, effective solutions that enable everyone to transform energy into new opportunities for sustainable growth and progress.
We are convinced that the energy solutions of the future are electric, digital and renewable.
As the leading provider of demand response,
energy procurement and energy management solutions, Enel X has an immediate need for a Business Development Manager to join our regional sales organization with a specific focus on demand-side flexibility solutions .
Enel X holds the leading position in demand response programs globally, with over 7 GW of demand response capacity currently managed by our virtual power plants across the Americas, Europe, Asia and Oceania.
In Great Britain, we have been a trusted partner for businesses of various industries and institutional customers for access to flexibility programs offered by National Grid and opportunities in the energy markets.
Effective integration of demand-side flexibility into the future energy system is a key driver to achieve decarbonisation.
Distributed energy assets incl. battery storage solution increase the options for businesses to generate value from flexibility in demand, increase business resiliency and contribute to decarbonisation.
We create solutions for our commercial and industrial customers also in partnerships with providers of distributed energy systems.
We aim to strengthen existing partnerships and create new ones to increase value for all stakeholders.
The Business Development Manager will act as a subject matter expert in this context who will position Enel X's flexibility solutions with existing and new partners as well as with energy intensive businesses.
This role is part of our regional sales team led by the Head of B2B Sales. It requires a confident and professional self-starter who is comfortable interfacing with C-level leadership, proactive in lead generating and closing business, focused on meeting the customer’s needs in a dynamic business environment.
Proven success in prospecting and navigating complex sales processes to meet a customer’s energy needs is essential.
Innovation, Trust, Proactivity and Responsibility are the core values of our organisation. We are always looking for different perspectives, ideas and point of views.
Each person is important to us, independent of their gender, age, nationality, ability or any other form of diversity or specificity.
We are a people focused Company and we work to empower all our colleagues through development programs and lifelong learning.
Find out more information on
- Prospect for and recruit new business potential for flexibility solutions with energy-intensive businesses in Great Britain;
- Develop customer market segmentation, targeting strategies,
and sales planning as necessary and in conjunction with objectives of the Enel X UK & Ireland sales team;
- Strategically map sales account plans for suitable prospective target companies and develop in depth sales proposals to deliver news business and margin targets, negotiate and close contracts;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop customer-specific plans for demand-side flexibility solutions, driven by data modelling and leading to complete Energy-as-a-Service propositions;
- Promote Enel X as provider of flexibility solutions, optimization and market access services toward leading business in the area of distributed energy systems, define partnership goals and manage for mutual success;
- Advise Enel X's marketing teams on ways to improve product offerings and go to market strategies;
- Use existing and future Enel X internal applications for transparent sales pipeline management and progress reporting;
close team work with Enel X Sales Operations, Legal and Administrative functions.
- Minimum of , ideally in a technical engineering discipline;
- At least 7 years of B2B sales experience, selling into large commercial or industrial businesses - sales background in the data centre industry and / or working with battery storage developers highly desirable;
- Sales experience with providers of other distributed energy resources (incl. CHP, Battery Storage, Solar PV, back up generation etc.)
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas in the area of energy solutions, energy management consulting,
demand side response or energy management services in the commercial and industrial markets;
- An inherent hunter mentality and lead generation expertise as well as the ability to quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business;
- Ability to illustrate value in a technical and commercial data-driven approach to C-level decision makers, as well as interacting with facilities managers and engineers;
- Must be able to work as part of our team with autonomy and be capable of delivery offering highly technical solutions to some of the world’s leading companies require a strong aptitude for learning and an adaptive approach to managing the sales cycle.