We have an exciting opportunity to work in the new and dynamic world of Industrial digital transformation... Our team engage with customers, many who are just starting this journey, but realise the importance of cyber security and network architectures as a foundational piece within their decision-making and selection process.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic Engineer to join our Service Delivery team who sees this opportunity as career advancement.
The customer-base we serve is broad and diverse, including Critical National Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Defense Industry.
Siemens Digital Industries produce and deploy world-leading technologies in this space backed-up by the ability to provide technical consultancy to help our customers bring their ideas to reality and create Industrial Control System architectures that have resilience in both the network and system-wide security defences.
Job profile : The successful candidate will join the Great Britain & Ireland delivery team of Siemens Industrial Security Services and will assist with various service delivery tasks from our portfolio of Industrial Security Services covering Great Britain & Ireland.
Our services are aimed at asset owners / operators of Industrial Control Systems (ICS), but also extends to customers in the supply-chain to those asset owners and operators, such as System Integrators and Solution Providers.
The work is focussed on ICS technology, which is sometimes generally referred to as OT (Operational Technology) to differentiate from IT (Information Technology) but is often a mix of OT and IT. Responsibilities
On-site (customer sites)
Install / configure Endpoint protection such as Application Whitelisting or Anti-Virus Firewall configuration / commissioning Security vulnerability scanning of OT networks and connected systems Installation, configuration and security hardening of OT LAN infrastructure Installation, configuration and security hardening of OT WirelessLAN.
Installation and configuration of Industrial Anomaly Detection systems Installation and configuration of Network Management Systems (NMS) Configuration of Security servers such as WSUS and McAfee ePO.
Network security consulting Network consulting Initially assisting Security Consultant with OT system security assessments and in time, independently.
Assisting Business Development Managers with technical pre-sales tasks
Off-site Security report writing (following assessment or consultancy)
Secure OT system architecture design and document creation Network security architecture design and document creation Security policy document creation Security guideline document creation Self-training on our security products and services Self-training on our network products.
Developing technical content for quotation templates Assist Security Consultant with developing of new assessment approaches PSSE Trainee*
Event support Assisting with technical demonstration of security products and services. Assisting with technical demonstration of network products.
Technical presentations on security in Industrial Control Systems. Industry experience Our work is mainly in the industry sectors that have implemented Process Automation and Factory Automation systems.
Technical hands-on experience across both OT and IT in one or more of the following industries is very useful; Water, Gas transmission / distribution, Electrical transmission / distribution, Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Logistics, Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Power generation, Automotive, Metals OT experience / skills (essential) Applicants for this role must have knowledge and experience of :
- Industrial Automation (PLC, HMI, SCADA) and Process Control systems (DCS)
- Security techniques in OT networks
- Network communication fundamentals such as IP addressing, IP Routing, VRRP, MRP, RSTP, VLAN, ICMP, DHCP, DNS etc.
- Industrial Ethernet communication protocols (Profinet, Modbus TCP, Ethernet / IP etc.)
- Industrial Ethernet network components such as Ethernet Switches, Routers, Firewalls, WirelessLAN,
mobile networks etc.
- Industrial IT Security standards / frameworks / guidelines such as IEC62443, ISA99, NIST, OG86, NCSC CAF, NERC-CIP, ANSSI or other similar ones OT experience / skills (not essential but useful) Ideally applicants for this role will also have knowledge and experience of :
- Implementing Security vulnerability management techniques in OT systems
- Implementing Security monitoring techniques in OT systems
- Ethernet packet capture and analysis (e.g. Wireshark usage)
- Remote Access techniques in OT systems
- Risk assessment techniques in OT environments.
- Functional Safety in Industrial Control Systems and Process Control Systems.
- Experience with planning / deploying RTLS
- Experience with planning / deploying Optical ID and RFID
- IoT device deployment into OT environments
- Edge device deployment into OT environments Product-specific experience (not essential but useful) Ideally, applications for this role will also have configuration experience of :
- Siemens’ SCALANCE X Industrial Ethernet Switches
- Siemens’ SCALANCE W Industrial WLAN Access Points and Clients
- Siemens’ SCALANCE S / SC Industrial Security modules
- Siemens’ SCALANCE M Mobile Network Routers
- Siemens’ RuggedCom Industrial Ethernet Switches
- Siemens’ RuggedCom Industrial Ethernet Routers
- Palo-Alto Next Generation Firewalls
- McAfee ePO
- McAfee Application Control
- McAfee ENS
- Claroty CTD (or equivalent products) Qualifications One or more of the following example qualifications are desirable,
but we also take into account practical experience in OT systems :
- Engineering Degree (e.g. Control, Electrical, Electronic, Systems)
- Computer Science Degree
- HNC BTEC Engineering
- ISA 62443 Cyber Security Fundamentals Specialist
- GIAC GICSP, GCIP, GRID
- GIAC - GSEC
- ISC)2 CISSP, SSCP
- Siemens - Certified Professional for Industrial Networks - Switching & Routing
- CISCO - CCNA, CCNP, CCNP Security Training courses Candidates that have attended any of the following or similar training courses will also be of interest to us :
- Siemens - Security in Industrial Networks with SCALANCE
- Siemens - Switching & Routing in Industrial Networks
- Siemens WirelessLAN in Industrial Networks
- Siemens Ethernet Fundamentals in Industrial Networks IT experience / skills (not essential but useful) Ideally applicants for this role will also have knowledge and experience of :
- Proven hands-on experience with Ethernet networks in terms of architectures and network components such as Ethernet switches, routers, firewalls, wireless LAN, mobile networks etc.
- Firewall configuration / deployment experience
- WSUS configuration, useful but not essential
- Secure remote access techniques.
- Application of security policies to PCs
- Knowledge and application of IT security standards such as ISO27001
- Risk assessment techniques in IT environments
- Overall good knowledge of Windows Client and Server Operating Systems ranging from current day OS right back to Windows XP
- Knowledge of Linux OS is sometimes useful but not essential PSS *PSSE is Product & Solution Security Expert. This role is internal to Siemens and not normally customer-facing.
A PSSE supports the PSSO (Product & Solution Security Officer) in achieving the goals set by the Product & Solution Security Board (PSSB) which cover various aspects of security within the Siemens business, for example :
- Product security dealing with initial queries regarding security aspects of a Siemens product in the DI portfolio.
- Solution security assisting Siemens’ project delivery teams with implementing good security practices.
- Service delivery security assisting the Field Service departments with implementing good security practices.
- Information Security protecting and responsibly handling sensitive customer information within Siemens IT infrastructure.
Location and Travel. We offer the candidate the flexibility of home-based working for the Off-site tasks, and a proportion of time will be spent travelling to locations where the On-site delivery work takes place, this will be GB & Ireland mainly.
Occasional overseas travel, mainly to Siemens HQ offices in Germany, but also sometimes cross-border projects within Europe and sometimes further afield.
Training Where required, training on our security products and services and network products will be provided to improve specific skills required for the role.
Cyber-Security specific training will also be provided where required. Other requirements
- Full UK driving licence.
- UK National status We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you? Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section.
Organization : Digital Industries Company : Siemens plc Experience Level : not defined Job Type : Full-time