ROLE - Payroll Specialist
DURATION- 6 MONTHS
RATE- ***AJILON CONSULTANT***
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.
Job purpose To support the Payroll and Reward Manager with the smooth running of payroll services and to be the lead contact with the offshore team to ensure timely and accurate processing of the monthly payroll.
- Outsourced Payroll Team:
Assist with the management of the day to day relationships with the team to ensure effective working, efficient and accurate transactional processing and seamlessness of operation between the UK and offshore operations. Key responsibility for training the team on new processes and systems
- Workload Planning: Assist the Payroll Manager with planning for cyclical benefit activities and ensure optimum use of resources and timely delivery to internal and external customers alike.
- Process Improvement and Optimisation: Drive process improvements in the Payroll and Reward activities to realise quantifiable benefits.
- Interaction with Outsourced Payroll Lead: Maintain effective daily interaction with the Outsourced Payroll Lead to ensure efficient and effective service is being delivered.
- Effective Working: Ensure daily process management works effectively in the Payroll area to ensure payroll processing is undertaken in an efficient and timely manner
- Metrics and KPIs: Be clear on the metrics and KPIs for Payroll Services, ensure these are achieved and support the process of continuous improvement.
- Issue Resolution: Ensure appropriate and timely resolution of issues raised by the team to enable efficient and timely transactional processing.
- Non-Standard Workload: Contribute to the execution of non-standard activities and ensure such additional workload is executed in a timely manner without prejudicing or compromising to other work
- Internal Relationships: Work effectively with the related teams and key customers such as HRBPs to avoid duplications and ensure a seamless working of the Payroll Process in shared services and seamless interconnectivity.
- Stakeholder Management: Support Payroll and Reward Manager with managing key stakeholders and third parties
- SoX and Business Controls: Ensure all key SoX and business controls operate in accordance with documented process.
- Compliance: Escalate concerns and issues with any breach of legislative compliance throughout all payroll activities
- Performance Management: Work collaboratively with the Outsourced Team to meet deadlines as specified within SLA's and ensure monthly KPI's are met through effective communication, co-ordination and prioritisation with the offshore team
- Advice and Guidance: Support Contact HR/Offshore team with escalated queries ensuring resolution within SLA's
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Know How
- Knowledge of all HMRC rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Employment law as applicable
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft office at Intermediate level
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of reconciling payroll through to production of BACS
**Ajilon Consultant** You will be an integral part of Ajilon (Adecco), a FTSE500 Global organisation with over 52 clients and sole supplier to the biggest organisations in the country and the world. You will be employed by ourselves as an Ajilon Consultant working onsite with our client where you will receive a regular salary, annual bonus payment, pension contributions, holiday and sick pay, plus a number of additional benefits such as medical insurance, income protection, critical illness and life insurance, access to our discounted benefits website and library of online training materials and future career and certification opportunities.
This great opportunity is being offered on a PAYE basis which means a LTD/Umbrella company cannot be used.
If you think you have the experience and you would like to become an employee of this fast-growing business unit within Ajilon please apply with your CV right now for instant consideration! Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunity's employer.