City of London
Our Buyers influence every aspect of the range of goods that we offer to our customers: From which products we sell, to the way they look and taste, developing our supply base and continuing to drive our market-leading position. Buyers define the success of the business!
What you'll do
The Buying Graduate Management Programme will take you through an intense, demanding but incredibly rewarding two years of structured development. You'll experience everything from working in our stores to negotiating products and contracts on an international scale.
During the first year of this two-year programme, you will rotate through three key areas and experience regional training, insight into the Buying department,
undertake category management training and build a complete understanding of our business. In your second year you will embark on a specialist route and take independent responsibility for a category and hone your expertise.
This is a fast-paced programme with tangible results and significant responsibility!
This role offers the long term scope to become a permanent Buying Manager and further long term progression to Senior Buying Manager.
This position would be based in our UK Head Office in South West London. However, your training could take you to various sites throughout Great Britain and may also involve training abroad
What you'll need
- Passion for working as part of a team and ability to work independently
- Desire to learn, develop and challenge yourself in a demanding and dynamic environment
- A naturally analytical mind-set with plenty of common sense
- Excellent standard of numeracy
- Entrepreneurial flair, adaptable and highly driven
- Decisive and able to cope with the pressure of demanding targets and deadlines
- Communicates confidently and effectively
- Computer literate
- A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline by [September 2020] or within the last 4 years
- Possession of a full UK driving licence by [September 2020]
- Already live - or happy to relocate - within a one-hour commute of Lidl GB head office
- German language skill desirable but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £37,000 plus an additional 10% of your salary as a non-contractual London Weighting Allowance and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.